If you wish to visit the U.S. for a temporary period of time, you may enter the U.S. as a visitor for business with a B-1 visa or as a visitor for pleasure with a B-2 visa.

You can enter the U.S. as a full-time student with the F-1 Academic Student visa or M-1 Vocational or Other Nonacademic Student visa.

The J visa is for educational and cultural exchange programs designated by the Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs, and the Q visa is for international cultural exchange programs designated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Internationally acclaimed and renowned scientists, educators, artists, business people and athletes; Company executives, and managers with specialized knowledge; Professionals who possess a bachelor’s degree or higher; Nurses; Agricultural workers; Seasonal Skilled or Unskilled Worker; Management trainees; Entertainment groups; Athletes; and Religious workers – can come to the U.S. as nonimmigrant temporary workers.

Immigrant/Legal Permanent Residence status may be granted based on employment skills, and immigrant visas are available if you qualify under the employment-based preference categories. 

Only the spouses, minor children under 21 years old and parents of U.S. Citizens are immediately entitled to immigrant visas upon the approval of relative petitions on their behalf. Other relatives must wait for available visa.

Yes, you need to obtain a divorce or annulment if your Philippine marriage has not been terminated. If you get married before having your Philippine marriage terminated, your subsequent marriage will be considered a bigamous marriage.

Yes, you can file for a divorce here in the United States so long as you meet the jurisdictional requirements in your state.

If you are a resident of California, you cannot file for a divorce in Nevada until you have met the jurisdictional requirements in that state. Moreover, if you file for an application for adjustment of Status with the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the USCIS may require you to show proof that you have resided in Nevada prior to the filing of your Nevada divorce.

No. You don’t have to file for a separate immigrant petition for them. You can bring them here by requesting for the registration of your family as derivative beneficiaries.

You can file for a fiancé petition for your girlfriend. You may want to check the current processing times for an immigrant petition so you can decide whether to bring her in as a fiancé or as an immediate relative.

Yes, you can still file the petition to remove conditions on residence but you need to explain why you did not file before the expiration of your CR status.

You need to file your application for adjustment of status in immigration court

If your husband is still alive, we cannot use this Decision to show that your Philippine marriage has been terminated. You need to file for a divorce here in the US or a Petition for Annulment in the Philippines based on Article 36 of the Philippine Family Code.